Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Morning brief look see Hafrsfjord at the Sverd i fjell

Everybody here does grocery shopping on Saturday apparently. Eventhough we do have a couple of small sufficiently stocked supermarkets near our house, we had to go to Ampfi Mall near Madla to have a look at a "proper" well stocked purveyor of fine foods and other sought after foodstuffs.

Off we went, however gracious thanks be to Odin we have a wee bit of time to go check out the Sverd i fjell, a pleasant lakeside spot where 3 large sculptures of viking swords stood or sculptured to made to look like they fell from the sky, straight down. I haven't read up on it yet so don't ask what they meant.

Where there's a waterbody, there's bound to be birds, so I wasn't to be the one protesting. We saw some gulls, plenty of House Sparrow flitting about, little flying rat some unappreciative folks call it. But there's other stuff too.

Oystercatcher

One unhappy camper as I approached closer towards his oysterbed with the 400mm.

A White Wagtail in the grass, as fast as any other wagtail.

Greenfinch (female) looking for a bit to drink amongst the moss covered rocks.

Another finch I'm guessing but not quiet sure of the id.

I initially thought this was the common House Sparrow, looks to be not. Another finch perhaps.

There's also a small babbling stream which pours into the lake. There were a few skittish birds there too which I was unable to photograph, perhaps a Fieldfare or a Blackbird I can't be sure. I was kind of hoping too for the Brown Dipper but perhaps that was being rather overly over enthusiastic. All the images I've seen so far of the dipper were taken in Bergen.

Surely I'm positive with more time to explore there are a few more birds I can add to the list.

1 comment: